[Wine] Re: how to install the 1 Witcher?

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 25 15:37:14 CDT 2011

Bonjour Totry! :)

Voici un lien pour la version française de ce fil:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=en&tl=fr&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.winehq.org%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D12628&act=url

I guess you already figured out how to install the latest WINE by the time I responded. I started that reply the night before last, left it, then came back to it.
But have you installed The Witcher since you updated WINE, or did you only update WINE? You should delete your .wine folder now that you have the latest WINE (save anything you want to keep), let it make a new one, and install The Witcher using the new WINE in accordance to how the AppDB does it:

> witcher settings:1280x960 windowed, high settings.
>
> registry:
> DirectDrawRenderer: opengl
> OffscreenRenderingMode: fbo
> PixelShaderMode: enabled
> StrictDrawOrdering: disabled
> UseGLSL: enabled
> VertexShaderMode: hardware
> VideoMemorySize: 1024
>
> NOTES: game seems to use only 1 core of my cpu. UseGLSL enabled gives me all the beauty of the graphics but framerates are below 15 fps at some places, even when graphics turned down but GLSL enabled. Without GLSL game runs smooth as butter but graphics look really bad, lightning has too much brightness and shadows are too dark. Game also needed d3d9_36.dll to work.

I know you don't have the Enhanced Witcher, only the normal one, but I wonder if the 1.5 patch makes normal Witcher become "enhanced". Even if it doesn't, the above tips might help...as well as the WINE  upgrade.

Cheers,
Jake