[Wine] Re: Mouse problems in Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 25 18:51:18 CDT 2011

Hi

I've been playing about with Deus Ex 1 which suffers similar regressions in the mouse/trackpad input. There is a commit to Wine 1.3.19 which changes Xinput and everything goes wrong after that.

I confirmed for my own benefit that you can work around this problem by compiling Wine with the --without-xinput2 switch. The problem is actually an Xorg bug - the mouse cursor position is not reported correctly I believe.

Early discussion:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=33465&sid=d2072d0a631b540196e55b9a4105075b

I applaud the Wine Developers for forging ahead with this path (despite the broken X-Server). Hopefully X will get a fix out (eventually)...

As you are running MacOSX it might be easier to compile without Xinput2?? Don't know what Mr Job's X-Server update schedule is like...??!!

Bob