[Wine] Wine C/C++ compiler

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 08:32:51 CDT 2011

> Linux Standard Base, qt( http://qt.nokia.com/ ) and other solutions should be looked it for you are wanting to build applications to run on many platforms.  qt particularly.

I agree. Take a look at Qt. In 2008 when I started using open source
cross platform libraries (instead of developing my own) to help
display and process my medical imaging research, I decided it was time
to evaluate moving to a framework that was also cross platform. A
second motivation for this was MFC had begun to show signs of
abandonment from Microsoft. At that point I was a MFC / windows
developer for over a decade. It was a lot of work at first to move to
a new platform and at the same time develop a new application but in
the end I am very happy with the result and I wish I used Qt long ago.

--
John M. Drescher