[Wine] Re: No sound (Audio test failed)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 26 10:13:04 CDT 2011

frankh wrote:

> So, sound simply doesn't work, and I cannot find a single thing about it on the internet with solutions newer then 4 years. Ie, no usable information at all.

Apparently you overlooked the "No Sound in Wine" sticky at the top of the forum.

> You mean in winecfg -> Audio? I tried every one of them (although OSS is the one I'm after), with the same result.

Current Wine requires OSSv4; make sure that's what you have installed. You also may need to compile Wine yourself; IIRC, someone reported awhile ago that OSS support was missing from the Ubuntu packages and I'm not sure if that was ever fixed.