[Wine] Problem running a program that uses .NET 2.0 SP1

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:55:28 CDT 2011

On 6/27/11 7:34 PM, tekhnolyze wrote:
> There's a program I'm trying to run called UOCartographer, which is a mapping tool for an online game I play.
Did you look on the Applications Database for the game (why don't folks
just tell us the name of the game and get it over with to begin with)?

>   I use wine 1.2.2 under Slackware 13.37 64 bit (multilib).
You might just want to try doing this with Wine-1.3.23.  It has many
fixes for problems and Wine 1.2.2 is almost a year old at the code baseline.
> I of course installed the .NET component with Winetricks, but it gave a slew of error messages.
The installation or the program?  If .NET 2.0 will not install cleanly,
you might want to try using mono2.10 instead.

> After poking around online and looking at similar errors, I installed jet40 and gdiplus, which cut down most of the errors. But there's still an error, and I can't get past this one.
>
> This is the terminal output when I start the program:
>

> Code:
>
> me at mycomputer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/UOCartographer$ wine UOCartographer.exe
> preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00010000-00110000
There is an entry in the Wine FAQ about preloader problems.  Did you try
the solution provided in the FAQ at
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-39d3b5ce61d038004ad47418ab1567b0ec4e507f
?

Try these first and advise what happens when you try to run this program
again.