[Wine] Visual C++ installation Help?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:16:26 CDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Wineexperiments187
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Also Dimesio
>
> The link that you stated has no functional link for me to get the VCRUNS of 2005 and 2008
>
> I assume thats the problems with Winetricks when not updated.

No, Microsoft is known to move files around their site.  There is a
'sneaky' method of getting the files, and that is to retrieve them
from Microsoft direct and then save them in the winetricks cache
directory.  You will  have to do this from within Wine and hope that
the 'Genuine Check' program passes.  Dan Kegel and/or Austin English
should be working on this, hopefully.