[Wine] DVDSubEdit 1.51

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jun 28 09:31:32 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 08:38 -0500, paolocchio wrote:
> I have managed to select 'Gimp' as bitmap editing tool (Tool path: Z:
> \usr\bin\gimp). Now when I choose 'Edit subpic with external tool'
> 'Gimp' is launched but I get the message:
> <Opening of "/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp" has failed:
> cannot open '/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp' in read
> mode: non existing file or directory>

That's because the Gimp, like all Linux programs, expects '/' rather
than '\' as the separator in a path name. One way to get round it is to
write a small script as a wrapper for the Gimp and tell your program to
use the script as the bitmap editing tool. I just wrote and tested one:
it is called gimpwrapper and has three lines.....

==============start of gimpwrapper===============
#!/bin/bash
gimp $f1

The first line is standard script boiler-plate to make sure that the
bash shell is used to interpret the script, which must be made
executable with chmod. The second line does all the work: it feeds all
the arguments supplied to gimpwrapper through the 'tr' utility, which
replaces all ocurrences of '\' with '/'. The third line passes the
processed argument(s) to the Gimp.

Martin