[Wine] DVDSubEdit 1.51

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Jun 28 11:28:56 CDT 2011

On 6/28/11 8:31 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 08:38 -0500, paolocchio wrote:
>> I have managed to select 'Gimp' as bitmap editing tool (Tool path: Z:
>> \usr\bin\gimp). Now when I choose 'Edit subpic with external tool'
>> 'Gimp' is launched but I get the message:
>> <Opening of "/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp" has failed:
>> cannot open '/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp' in read
>> mode: non existing file or directory>
>>
> That's because the Gimp, like all Linux programs, expects '/' rather
> than '\' as the separator in a path name.
It's more than that. It looks like Gimp was passed the raw Windows-style
path. Gimp then tacked its working directory (/usr/bin) onto it.

There's a utility, called winepath, that can turn your Windows-style
path into a Unix-style path. You call it like so:

  winepath -u 'C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp'

@paolocchio: Here's a script you can use to call Gimp with a Windows
path. It uses winepath to turn the Windows path into a Unix path so Gimp
can see it:

#!/bin/sh
gimp `winepath -u "$*"`

Associate bitmap files with this script, and you should be able to open
them with Gimp.

Chip