[Wine] rift won't start

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Jun 29 08:11:11 CDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 05:12 AM, neganx wrote:
> I have seen some posts about rift, but none about the problems I am having, I have downloaded the patch, everything should be ready to go, but when I hit the start button, it thinks for a second and then just goes back to the regular "play" button.  I have installed using winetricks.. I am not too familiar with wine, but I did get wow running a while ago..

Can you start the launcher from a terminal and see if it is giving you
any error messages when this happens? That may give at least a general
idea of where to start and/or may match something already listed in the
appdb.

> any help would be greatly appriciated, I would also like to get lotro running, it is downloading right now.  Why dont' they just make linux clients? lol

Usually it's best to do a different thread to ask about a each game
unless the problem you have is the same in all of them. It makes it
easier for people who may be able to help to see and follow the
discussion. That said, LotRO seems to be a pretty easy setup. So far the
PyLotRO launcher seems to work well and the directions on it's website
are pretty clear. If you run into trouble it would be best to start a
new thread for that and include any error messages you get.