[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 30 00:21:12 CDT 2011

dimesio wrote:

> Or a feature. Winetricks by default installs Firefox to a separate wineprefix buried deep within ~/.local/share/wineprefixes, without telling the user that it's doing that or asking if that's where they want it. OTOH, it doesn't do that with either Shockwave or Flash; those are installed to the default wineprefix, ~/.wine, unless you specify otherwise. That's like installing them on separate computers, so it's useless for your purposes.
>
> So, what you need to do is either manually install Firefox to ~/.wine, or Shockwave and Flash to ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/firefox3. If you do the latter, you will need to apply the workaround mentioned in bug 17273, since the Firefox version installed by winetricks is affected by that bug.

I know the winetricks interface is a bit daunting, but it really
does let you do what you want.

Here's a single command to install firefox3.5 with flash and shockwave
(better get a fresh winetricks first, I just added the firefox35 verb):
  sh winetricks firefox35 prefix=firefox35 flash shockwave

Think people would rather that winetricks default to installing
flash and shockwave with firefox?  That'd sure make it easier.