[Wine] Re: Is Wine64 usable yet?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 30 10:13:30 CDT 2011

Iceburgh69 wrote:
> I'm having issues with getting Wine64 to even install properly. I'm using an AMD 64 processor with Fedora 14 x64. When I try to get things working, here's what I get with the gcc:
>
> Touching configure...
> [root at Iceburgh gcc-svn]# cd ..
> [root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# rm -rf gcc-build
> [root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# mkdir gcc-build
> [root at Iceburgh Iceburgh]# cd gcc-build
> [root at Iceburgh gcc-build]# ../gcc-svn/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc --enable-languages=c --disable-bootstrap

I'm not sure why you're trying to build gcc from source rather than just using whatever version is available in your distro's repository, but questions about how to do it have nothing to do with Wine.

> sudo apt-get build-dep gcc
> sudo apt-get install texi2html libgmp3-dev libmpfr-dev

Apt-get is for Debian-based systems; it won't work on Fedora.

> I've been following the instructions found at http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit#head-e391d376d4ff5752da25071fd1859e7b740fd886 for my distro

Don't think so. Those instructions do NOT call for building gcc from source, and they clearly give the correct command for installing packages in Fedora (yum, not apt-get).