[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 30 11:50:36 CDT 2011

DanKegel wrote:

> dimesio wrote:
> >
> > DanKegel wrote:
> > >
> > > Think people would rather that winetricks default to installing
> > > flash and shockwave with firefox?  That'd sure make it easier.
> >
> > I think that would cause problems for people who want flash and shockwave installed elsewhere.
> >

> Why?  They can still do 'winetricks flash' just like before to install it anywhere they want.

Sorry, I read what you said as meaning the shockwave and flash verbs would default to the firefox wineprefix. If you mean the firefox verb would just install shockwave and flash whether the user wants them or not, then I think the problem would be for people who don't want them installed.

> If you want it to obey WINEPREFIX for applications, use --no-isolate.

I know that. It means the command to install firefox with winetricks is longer than just running the installer directly. For me, that makes it more trouble than it's worth. But I'm not your target audience, so it doesn't really matter.