[Wine] Command Line Arguments

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:48:04 CST 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM, sspyrison <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think my naming conventions might be causing some confusion.  I created a prefix called WinXP using WineBottler.  It's not a copy of a Windows
> installation.
Unfortunately, you're going to have to ask Mike for assistance with WineBottler.

How did you install Wine?

> I installed WinMerge within Wine, not by copying the binaries from a Windows box.
>
> I'll try it again without the open -a, but I've tried it using many different permutations already and I don't recall that causing a difference in what I was
> seeing.  WinMerge starts fine, I just can't get the command line arguments to pass to the Windows exe.

Ok.  From what you said I can recommend the following, which must be
run from terminal (Applications folder then Utilities):

[code]

cd /Applications/WinXP/drive_c/Program\ Files/WinMerge
wine WinMergeU.exe "Z:\Users\usera Z:\Users\userb"

[/code]

Is this how the program is run under Windows?  I'm not assuming that
parameters to this program are passed like this.

James McKenzie