[Wine] Re: Multiuser database application / file locks

tilolevante wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 9 00:43:35 CST 2011

vitamin wrote:
> Yes, run it under same user same wineprefix. Wine can't support proper file locking between different users/wineprefixes. Wine is a single user application.

I tried this already, it works well for the file lock. But the windows focus is a problem:

Example: Two users start the app with the same wineprefix and uid (using sudo). Flie locking is fine.

If the first users tries to enter a text and the second user klicks on a window, then the first user looses the window focus and can not type anymore.