[Wine] Running Hitec HPP-22 under wine. (RC device, USB)

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Mar 11 18:06:37 CST 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 12:57 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 19:49 +0000, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> <snip >
> > Does the dmesg display show what device name was assigned to the HPP-22
> > somewhere in the next few lines? That's normally logged after a USB
> > device is plugged and recognised. It may be easier to spot if you run
> > the command "sudo tail -f /var/log/messages" before you plug the device
> > in - this should let you see all the HPP-22 related messages as that are
> > logged. Use Ctrl-C to exit from tail when you're done with it.
> Thanks for replying.
> That is the entire log for the plug in event.
OK. That shows that the kernel saw the device being plugged in but
didn't recognise what it was. In that case there is no driver defined
for the HPP-22. To me it looks as though the HPPP-22 contains a USB hub
and several connected USB devices but I could easily  be wrong. Check
other threads about usblib etc. for similar threads and people who can
advise on how to create or find a driver.