[Wine] how to prepare and run portable Wine build from folder?

Boriso wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 05:52:27 CDT 2011

Hello,

I want to better understand Wine and its source code, so I've downloaded the source code and successfully built it under Ubuntu 10.10.

Now I want to be able independently execute different windows programs under current build folder. My aim is to make execution portable, that I could copy sources and build another Wine executables in another folder so no settings for wine or windows programs are shared. How to do this? Do I need to make any changes to the source code?