[Wine] Office 2007 Activation Problem

buttlodge wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 29 16:23:34 CDT 2011

Hi
I'm new to Edubuntu, please be gentle, athough I think it's a great idea to start to wean the family off Microsoft operating systems.
To help the transition I have installed Office 2007 using Wine and all went well apart from not being able to activate / register the software.
When I try to enter the activation code the box will not let me type into it.
At the moment it looks like the installation will time out after 25 uses - has anyone got any idea how I can register this software?
Many thanks