[Wine] Re: Tropico 3 Demo Graphics Problem - People are not visible

viktorias wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 2 02:54:56 CDT 2011

If you run this from command line like this:
Prompt:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/x/wine_tr3demo" wine C:\\Program\ Files\\Kalypso\\Tropico\ 3\ Demo\\Tropico3\ Demo.exe

And you get this:

fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f384,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:imagehlp:ImageLoad (C:\Program Files\Kalypso\Tropico 3 Demo\Tropico3 Demo.exe, (null)): stub
fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can't find symbol in module
fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32f87c 0x0 stub

Then you should change the directory to the directory where the Tropico 3 is installed and then run the above command.

In winedcfg the I set the Graphics panel I set emulate virtual desktop and set its size to 1024x768.

I have the following dll overrides since the demo install has overwritten several files in the windows system32 directory during install.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
"d3dx9_41"="native,builtin"
"X3DAudio1_2"="native,builtin"
"X3DAudio1_3"="native,builtin"
"X3DAudio1_4"="native,builtin"
"X3DAudio1_5"="native,builtin"
"X3DAudio1_6"="native,builtin"
"XAPOFX1_0"="native,builtin"
"xapofx1_1"="native,builtin"
"XAPOFX1_2"="native,builtin"
"XAPOFX1_3"="native,builtin"
"XAudio2_0"="native,builtin"
"XAudio2_1"="native,builtin"
"XAudio2_2"="native,builtin"
"XAudio2_3"="native,builtin"
"XAudio2_4"="native,builtin"
"xinput1_1"="native,builtin"
"xinput1_2"="native,builtin"
"xinput1_3"="native,builtin"
"xinput9_1_0"="native,builtin"

Having the d3dx9_41 override is important. (I am not quite sure about the others since I have not tested the game without them in wine 1.3.19. If I remeber well in wine 1.3.18 the game worked without the other overrides as well.)

In the Direct3D section I have the following settings:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"DirectDrawRenderer"="gdi"
"Multisampling"="enabled"
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
"RenderTargetLockMode"="readtex"
"StrictDrawOrdering"="disabled"
"UseGLSL"="enabled"

I think most of the cases these are the default settings, so maybe you don't need to set them up at all.

Regards:
viktorias