[Wine] 36 FPS using ubuntu-classic desktop, drops to 4 FPS xubuntu

dusf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 3 05:52:54 CDT 2011

Hello

Recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 and not liking unity I swtiched to xubuntu but was perturbed to find my World of Warcraft FPS drop from 36 FPS in Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 11.04 'ubuntu classic' down to 3/4 FPS xubuntu.

Again, to confirm it wasn't anything in the upgrade I made sure that the FPS is as normal in 11.04 when I select 'Ubuntu Classic' when logging in rather than xubuntu.

Is there some change I need to make to WINE or my WoW settings for use with ubuntu and/or xfce?