[Wine] Re: Wine integration in Ubuntu 11.04

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 3 09:10:27 CDT 2011

I wouldn't recommend using Unity, for everyday use, before the next Ubuntu LTS. I'll personally be sticking to Linux-Mint with Metacity/Compiz and/or KVM.

It's kind of like my days flirtation with OpenSUSE recently and finding something I wanted to install wasn't in any of their repository (or 3rd party repositories) and I couldn't even compile it from source (due to further missing dependencies)!

Inevitably the mainstream stuff tends to win out in the end... Some of the ideas in Unity are pretty good (I do like Mr Shuttleworth's 'invisible' scrollbar idea) - but it should be a win-win and these ideas should be adopted into Gnome and KDE (if they are useful enough).

Bob