[Wine] Re: Wine integration in Ubuntu 11.04

Tootler wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 4 06:05:52 CDT 2011

I installed ubuntu 10.10 netbook on my Acer Aspire One and found it had the unity desktop.

When I installed wine, no wine menu was added to the LH panel. Not a lot of use I think.

I have downgraded to 10.04 and will stick with that until the next LTS - or at least until issues with the unity desktop (and Gnome 3 which I believe is due in 11.10). I am not too keen on the 10.04 netbook edition desktop, but at least it works.

I had already been hanging on with the Linpus Linux Lite as wifi did not work properly with the Aspire One in earlier versions of Ubuntu.

I would describe my self as a reasonably savvy user but not a "power user" and I don't have a deep understanding of the underlying systems. Consequently, I am not prepared, on the whole, to spend too much time hunting around for workarounds for things that do not work properly.

Geoff