[Wine] WoW Launcher.exe crashs

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sat May 7 08:26:27 CDT 2011

On 05/06/2011 08:27 PM, B Leslie wrote
> wine-1.3.19
> 270.41.06 (nvidia driver - 7800gt)
>
> upgraded kernel, xorg, nvidia, wine, gnome2-3 and my launcher stopped working
>
> Solution:
>
> $winetricks ie7
>
> And now all works great - got the same error about the cookie.
> Good Luck.

So is the common thread for everyone not able to use the launcher
(without winetricks ie7) Gnome or is it Wine 1.3.19? Those both seem to
be what I am seeing in the posts of the launcher not working. I'd like
to try and figure out if it's a problem in that version of Wine before I
upgrade since my 1.3.17 works with no winetricks.