[Wine] Re: 36 FPS using ubuntu-classic desktop, drops to 4 FPS xubuntu

dusf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 7 10:36:24 CDT 2011

matse wrote:
> Hi,
> sounds like an issue with your graphic card drivers, did you install proprietary drivers for your graphic card or do you use open source drivers? If so, try to install the proprietary ones.
> Matse

A couple of reboots after after creating this thread I checked Menu > System > Additional Drivers to see the following:

[Image: http://oi56.tinypic.com/345hh91.jpg ]

Querying this in #xubuntu on Freenode I learned that there is a known bug that drivers will be in use although this applet may report otherwise.

On activating the other driver, reactivating the original 'current version', and rebooting, lspci -k outputs:

Code:
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Dell Device 01dd
	Kernel modules: i2c-i801
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72 [GeForce 7300 LE] (rev a1)
	Subsystem: Dell Device 0405
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
	Kernel modules: nvidia-current, nvidia-173, nouveau, nvidiafb

FPS is not up around 28/29 but does still seem a bit slower than normal when using Ubuntu/Ubuntu-classic, is there anything else I can do, and can anyone confirm that there are in fact no desktop affects or anything like compiz fusion one should disable in Xubuntu to improve performance when using the WINE layer?