[Wine] Re: Nikon software - Photographer

kin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 8 11:22:56 CDT 2011

I have been using a canon G4 for many years in Linux (eog, gimp, gphoto). Now I have got a Nikon SLR and I would like to work with raw files. I saw a very short demo that using View NX they modify offline some camara settings and save again as raw files. If I understand correctly, they save the pure sensor data and a few configuration parameters. The people from Nikon told me that you can find other soft. (not from Nikon) but you lose the settings from the camara: you can try to emulate it, but it is not the same (at least at the beg.). They also said that you can use wine to run View NX.

Do you recommend a substitute for that?
Thanks,