[Wine] Launcher issue

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Tue May 10 04:03:12 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:21, edwardk <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> First of all, I would like to to say thanks to those who are constantly working on Wine.  I first started using Wine 1.3.17 with Ubuntu 10.10, than I switched to Mint 10 desktop edition using Wine 1.3.19.  I reinstalled Roller Coaster Tycoon only to find out the launcher under the menu no longer works.  I get a "file missing error".  I am still able to run the program via the executable in the program folder.  This issue was not present with my first set up so any ideas if this is a  Wine bug or a Mint issue?
>
> Edward.

Simply install 1.3.17 binary package in Mint and check if it works.
If it doesn't, it may be due to bad packaging or (if using x64)
problem with the 32 bits lib compatibilty.

It it does, you should perform a regression test (see
http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting)

Frédéric

NB: there may also be a problem with display driver, depending on
graphics card used, kernel version, ...