[Wine] Re: How i install wine in debian wheezy

epsilon72 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 10 18:10:06 CDT 2011

I know that this post is a few months old, but I'd also like to add that the wine1.2 and wine1.3 packages from Ubuntu Natty work fine with Squeeze (I haven't tried them with Wheezy).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/wine1.2
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/wine1.3

Just download the appropriate package from the link at the bottom of the page, depending on if you want wine 1.2.3 or 1.3.15, and install it with dpkg.

You also get the added bonus of the Steam overlay working correctly.  The packages must have been compiled with gcc 4.5.