[Wine] Excel 2007 Data Source Connection problem

Rubilac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 11 03:46:00 CDT 2011

Hi

I am new ubuntu user. I am running Excel 2007 somewhat successfully in WINE 1.2. I'm not sure if this is a wine/excel problem or my lack of linux skill/knowledge.

When I try and add a new Data source:
Data - From Other Sources - From SQL Server. Regardless of what I type in the "Server Name:" dialog box, it says,

Unable to connect to data source. Reason: Unable to locate database server. Verify that the database server name you entered is correct, or contact the database administrator for help.

I'm not sure that this feature is possible in WINE even. In windows I could just type server\server into this box and it would find it on the network no problems.

Is there something I'm missing or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance.