[Wine] Logitech G11 keyboard and wine

PleegWat pleegwat at telfort.nl
Wed May 11 11:39:45 CDT 2011

On 05/10/2011 06:17 PM, Korzaball wrote:
> PleegWat wrote:
>> vitamin wrote:

>>> So what's your question/problem?
>>>

>> Well, my problem was not being able to get all of the extra keys
>> working, but that may not have been completely clear from my post.
>>
>> Anyway, I figured the problem out myself. I dove into the code for a
>> bit, and found out it did not have any unused vkeys to assign them to.
>>
>> I made an ugly hack and added the F13-F24 range, which gives enough
>> entries for all of the extra keys on my G11. This seems to work for the
>> program I want to use them in (wow), so it's fine with me.
>>
>> If anyone is interested I'm willing to post the hack I used.
>>
>> PleegWat
>

> I would really like to know wha you did to hack the Gkeys for Wine. Please if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for your time
>
> Korzaball

The wine code hack I applied was on dlls/winex11.drv/keyboard.c, and is
no longer relevant. Mainline got changed at some point to use all
available vkeys, rather than just the OEM reserved ones.
I'm not savvy enough with git to track back when that change got in.

If your keys are not working at all, I can give you 2 hints:
- Make sure it's working on linux (check with xev)
- Check which keys you are assigning to your G keys. At least one guide
available on the web recommends you add entries to xkeysymdb. In my
experience keys added like that do not work in wine. Rather, use normal
characters. If you use characters which normally only occur on shifted
keys, games will still see the button as distinct ('@' is something
different from shift-2).

PleegWat