[Wine] Unable to open executable with Program Loader since upgrade

dusf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 11 17:20:24 CDT 2011

Since ugprading today to a fresh install of Xubuntu 11.04 I am unable to open .exe's through Thunar my file manager with 'WINE Program Loader'

Wine 1.2.2.

When I try to i receive the error:

> The file '/media/DUMP/Downloads/anything.exe' is not marked as executable.  If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

When I check the permissions tab of properties there is no option to make it executable as per screenshot.

[Image: http://oi56.tinypic.com/2ni5t9f.jpg ]

Also using chmod +x doesn't change anything but I am able to open .exe using WINE in the terminal but I would rather I did not have to do this every time I use WINE.

Is there something I can do?

P.S. I have no intention of using mIRC, it was just a small windows installer I downloaded for testing.