[Wine] Re: dll errors on program dlls--works on same distro, machine

jhthayer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 13 16:03:57 CDT 2011

You will note that most of the .dlls involved, which must be linked in the same fashion, i.e., an entry in the registry, load just fine, no errors.  Right in the middle of the registry list of the program dlls that are used are the ones about which it complains--about 8 out of 13 of them, the rest all functioning with no errors.  This should not be any different in prefix than the same installation on my other Lucid installation (on the same machine) which works perfectly well, as did this one for the first couple of weeks it was up and running.  All of the programs running on WINE on this machine use the default prefix, and all were installed in the same way to prevent such problems.  You are entitled to question whether I understood what you meant, as I am asking for the help, of course.

In any case, the particular matter is moot, since I attempted to uninstall the program once again, and this time, the installer barfed out errors, saying that it couldn't and then that it (msiexec) wasn't installed, and things have gone from bad to worse.  Trashing the whole thing is undoubtedly the easiest way out, but I like to know, where possible, what went wrong.

Thanks,
Joe