[Wine] Re: How can i Install wine in SLED 11.. plzz help

motub wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 13 16:59:33 CDT 2011

ksmedina18 wrote:
> Ive already installed itbut ther logo of wine doesnt appear

If I was to guess what ksmedina18 is talking about, I would say that the problem is that no desktop icon or menu item is installed/appears after installation to launch a "magical" Wine application installer.

Don't forget, this is a Windows user, who is used to that behaviour.

ksmedina18, you need to read the Wiki instructions for installing applications under Wine (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-312130506d4585c973df1d88538b11945193c41d).

However, it's not necessarily the worst idea in the world for the dev team/package maintainers to consider installing a desktop shortcut/menu item to the (un-)installer upon installation of the Wine package, to give new users a somewhat familiar place to start. Since it seems that most users just use the default $WINEPREFIX anyway, this will give them a bit of a helping hand; those with more experience/advanced skills will be able to manage the "old-fashioned" way via the terminal (to create separate $WINEPREFIXES per application and so forth).