[Wine] Wine taking unacceptably long to start up (Fedora 14 x86_64)

Scott5114 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 13 20:46:52 CDT 2011

Whenever I run any application with wine it takes upwards of five minutes to start, even apps included with wine like wine cmd. I have been googling this for hours and cannot find anything really applicable to my situation.

I am running Fedora 14 x86_64.

I don't have a network printer.

As far as I am aware fc-cache-32 doesn't exist on Fedora.

I am trying to get some other program to run and having problems so I need to do some trial-and-error stuff to get it to run so this slowness is basically intolerable for the purposes of trying to test and figure out what I need to do to get it to run. Having to wait 5 minutes on each attempt only to have it fail yet again is frustrating. Thanks for any help or advice.