[Wine] Problem with a program called winbox

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 18:42:46 CDT 2011

On 5/14/11 3:00 AM, Butch Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 21:14 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
>> This may be a video driver issue.  AMD/ATI video cards are known to have
>> less the high quality drivers, lntel drivers are the worst an nVidia are
>> the best for Linux and Wine.
> I tried to install the nvidia drivers, but could not find the proper
> driver.
nVidia drivers do not work with Intel video systems

> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

This is definitely a Intel video.
> When I looked at Lenovo's support site, their documentation claimed the
> display was nvidia 6800GT.  After some further reading, I'm beginning to
> suspect the display or video card drivers, too.  I'm not certain what my
> next step should be, but I plan to persue the nvidia driver upgrade
> first (since that is likely to be the easiest).  I'd be happy to get
> your insight on which I should try to upgrade?  Are they even the same
> thing?

If this is supposed to be an nVidia, take it back.  You were sold the
wrong machine.  At least ask why the nVidia card was swapped out for an
Intel card.  Most of them will not properly support Wine.

James McKenzie