[Wine] Bad performance in games

Dannie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 15 03:13:22 CDT 2011

Hi!

I have managed to get games like Team Fortress 2 and Mirror's Edge to finally run. But only with really bad performance.

If I run glxinfo | grep direct in the terminal, I get:

Code:
direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

However, if I run sudo glxinfo | grep direct, it outputs this:

Code:
direct rendering: Yes

I'm not sure if that is relevant, but it seems a bit odd.

Here is my xorg.conf file:

Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"
	Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Module"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
	Option	    "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
	Option	    "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
	Option	    "DPMS" "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "0-DFP4"
	Option	    "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
	Option	    "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
	Option	    "DPMS" "true"
	Option	    "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"
	Option	    "TargetRefresh" "60"
	Option	    "Position" "1680 0"
	Option	    "Rotate" "normal"
	Option	    "Disable" "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "0-DFP3"
	Option	    "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
	Option	    "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
	Option	    "DPMS" "true"
	Option	    "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"
	Option	    "TargetRefresh" "60"
	Option	    "Position" "0 0"
	Option	    "Rotate" "normal"
	Option	    "Disable" "false"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
	Driver      "fglrx"
	Option	    "Monitor-DFP4" "0-DFP4"
	Option	    "Monitor-DFP3" "0-DFP3"
	BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
	Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Virtual   3360 1680
		Depth     24
	EndSubSection
EndSection

If I run WINEDEBUG=+wgl wine hl2.exe &> wine.log from the tf2 folder, it outputs stuff this (and 1000+ other lines):

Code:
trace:wgl:wglGetProcAddress func: 'wglGetIntegerv'
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL version             : 2.1 (4.1.10750 Compatibility Profile Context).
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL renderer            : AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GLX version            : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX vendor:     : ATI.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX vendor:     : ATI.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering enabled: False
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly

I have Linux Mint 10 64-bit. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon 6870 and the driver is the most recent 64-bit driver from their website (CCC 11.5).

What may be the problem with my setup? Just ask if I need to provide any more information.