[Wine] Re: Gaining performance by disabling functionality?

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 15 10:12:46 CDT 2011

DL wrote:
> Is there any room for further optimisation, or is it likely that this is as fast as wine will ever get, regarding D3D games?

The first priority for Wine is to get things working. Getting things working quickly is a lower priority, which has not been fully done yet. There's still stuff that can be done by the coders to make things faster, but I think they're mostly just still implementing everything in the first place.

I have seen progress and changes in D3D code quality and speed over the years though, judging from changelogs and personal experience.