[Wine] Re: Bad performance in games

Dannie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 15 15:33:38 CDT 2011

Just to add some information: TF2 works, but even with all graphics options on the lowest I get hiccups, and it runs really slow when there is much happening on the screen.

Charles Davis wrote:
> On 5/15/11 12:23 PM, Dannie wrote:
>
> > Code:
> > direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)
> >
> Try this:
>
> unset LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT
>
> Chip

That actually worked. However, only until I open a new terminal window. Then glxinfo goes back to saying no again. :?

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On 5/15/11 11:26 AM, Dannie wrote:
>
> > I would have tried to launch tf2 as root, and see if the performance would get any better, if it wasn't for this strange message:
> >
> > Code:
> > $ sudo wine hl2.exe
> > wine: /home/daniel/.wine is not owned by you
> >
> Now you really have messed things up.  NEVER RUN WINE AS ROOT.
>
> Go to the FAQ and read the part about how to reset permissions.
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ
>
> James McKenzie

Ah, okey. Thanks for providing that information. :D