[Wine] Winetricks list comes up blank OSX Snow Leopard

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:36:18 CDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM, NerdcoreMC <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
>> John Drescher wrote:

>>> Did you try the method suggested in google code?
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/winetricks/wiki/Installing
>>>
>>> John
>>

>> I tried the way suggested, yes.
>
> Okay.  After installing did you execute winetricks directly from the
> terminal?  If not please do so. If so and it did not open a window,
> please post the error message.

Forgot a few things. You have to run winetricks  as the user logged
into the desktop not the administrator. Also it will not popup a GUI
if you feed it with parameters to execute.

I mean if you type (assuming you are in the folder winetricks is installed):

./winetricks corefonts

It will install the core fonts into your ~/.wine

or whatever wine prefix you have set using the WINEPREFIX environment variable.

John