[Wine] Winetricks list comes up blank OSX Snow Leopard

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:50:31 CDT 2011

On 5/15/11 7:25 PM, NerdcoreMC wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM, NerdcoreMC<wineforum-user at winehq.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone, I have been having some problems with wine, mainly that I can't get any winetricks to show up. I downloaded both wine and winetricks from Mac Ports, I have even installed some third party programs (Like Trix) and no luck. In wine and wine bottler the list is always empty! I have tried to install winetricks manually through the terminal as well.
>>>

>> Did you try the method suggested in google code?
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/winetricks/wiki/Installing
>>
>> John
>
> I tried the way suggested, yes.
>
> Also JJmckenzie, No i meant vcrun6. On the site you linked me to, if you go down you can see that it is even an example code there.

Just wanted to check.  vcrun6 is very old, but there are still programs
out there that use it.

Also, if you download winetricks, you may have to set the execute bit
for your user.

In terminal, and in the folder (directory) you put winetricks type in:

chmod u+x winetricks.

You should then be able to use it.

./winetricks vcrun6

James McKenzie