[Wine] Re: wine 1.2.3 compile error ...

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 16 20:24:49 CDT 2011

alirezaimi wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I want compile wine-1.2.3 (latest stable),But after 20min comiple(make) error occured :
>
> Code:
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> winegcc: gcc failed
> make[1]: *** [winex11.drv.so] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alireza/Desktop/i/archives/DEB/wine-1.2.3/dlls/winex11.drv'
> make: *** [dlls/winex11.drv] Error 2
>

> ==
> *lmde (linux mint debian)
> *gcc 4.6

There is a lot missing from this error message that might help us discover what is breaking in the compile.
Since this error occurs with wine-1.3.20 as well, I suspect one of the required build dependencies is not being met.  Also are you trying to build 64-bit version of Wine or 32-bit version?
Can you supply the compile line that you are using?

Thank you.
James McKenzie