[Wine] cannot update or uninstall evernote 4 under wine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:58:26 CDT 2011

On 5/16/11 8:45 PM, tattvajit wrote:
> mhguda wrote:
>> ...when I try to uninstall it seems to directly reinstall evernote.
>
> I have this exact same problem. I would like to uninstall evernote 4.3.1.4479 but every time I run uninstall, the program actually reinstalls itself. I am running wine-1.2.2 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Wine's uninstaller does not function as well as we would like.  Program
uninstallers do not work under Wine.

The only way to remove a program is to remove/erase the Wine
installation directory, which is usually located at $HOME/.wine.  The
FAQ has more information on how to remove programs as well.

James McKenzie