[Wine] Re: Bad performance in games

Dannie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 17 09:28:30 CDT 2011

If I disable desktop effects glxinfo | grep direct starts to say yes! :o

So I diabled the desktop effects, restarted the computer and tried to play some tf2 and mirrors edge. Mirrors Edge runs as shit, just like before. Even with all graphics settings on the lowest I get like 1 fps. TF2 freezed my computer two times, during a total playtime of like 2 minutes. When it runs, it runs, but with all settings on the lowest I still get hiccups.
And just as a comparison, I can run TF2 in Windows with all settings on the highest without problems.

Maybe it's the graphics driver that is broken, and that there isn't much that I can do about it. What do you guys think?