[Wine] Deus Ex 1 : troubleshooting with latest WINE Git

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 19 06:24:42 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Steam Client - Deus Ex 1
	 WINE 1.3.19: works fine with no discernible problems

	 WINE 1.3.20 (release): mouse cursor is stuck jumping in the centre of the menu screen - "MouseWarpOverride" has no effect whatever setting

	 WINE Git Master (today): mouse cursor "teleports" randomly in the main menu. When playing the game each time I turn 360 degrees (eyes looking forward in game)  - JC (my in game character) looks down at his feet!!

It appears the X-axis warping of the mouse cursor is affecting the Y-axis??!!

Could someone remind me how I attach my console output to a game being run through the Steam client? Otherwise I think I am just seeing the output from the Steam client itself - right?

BTW Crysis 1.21 works really well with the latest WINE Git (with the Crysis memory leak patch only being required - no mouse warping required). So it's not all bad!

Keep up the good fight  8)

Thanks
Bob