[Wine] Problems with starting World of Warcraft under Ubuntu 10.04

b4mbi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 21 07:01:33 CDT 2011

Hey everyone,

I recently had to reset my whole computer and I thought, I can finally get rid of Windows and just use Ubuntu.
But now, I have problems starting World of Warcraft under Wine, which should actually work fine!
I have rendering activated, but when I start WOW with this:

Code:
:~/Wine/World of Warcraft$ wine Wow.exe -opengl

 I get the error:

Code:
err:module:attach_process_dlls "opengl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"D:\\World of Warcraft\\Wow.exe" failed, status c0000005

Any ideas? thanks in advance!

Christoph