[Wine] Having Wine In A Different Directory?

e8hffff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 22 03:47:21 CDT 2011

I would like to have wine's user directories in '/home/wine' but when I try to set the command ?wine WINEPREFIX=/home/wine ... it fails.  I've tried it with other variations too but to no success.  The directory is already created at '/home/wine' with root/user permissions, and I'm a member of the user group.

Most of the information on the internet is either old or refers to wine version 1.0  executables to set up environments, not found in latest release.

The aim is I want to put all of wine's user content in the base of home directory and allow all users of the group 'users' to access wine.