[Wine] Re: Having Wine In A Different Directory?

e8hffff wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 22 04:53:34 CDT 2011

Ok thanks for the reply Frédéric Delanoy.

I've had some success including the info you linked to which specifies that you can't run under multi users.

I had to run:
export WINEPREFIX=/home/wine

Then I had to make sure that directory was owned by me.  Then wine created it's files in that directory as soon as I initiated a wine executable.  Preferably you'd run winechg at this stage.

The main reason why I wanted wine working out of the my home directory was that I have that dir encrypted and don't want the wine folders losing speed in any decryption.