[Wine] Regedit + Applications = Options

Berillions wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 23 16:35:32 CDT 2011

Hi,

Actually, i use "~/.wine" for my all applications. When i want to override a dll, it's simple, i use winecfg and i have this line on Regedit :

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\POWERPNT.EXE\DllOverrides

I create a [DIRECT3D] key for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, i create it like this :

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\AssassinsCreedBrotherhood.exe\Direct3D

In this key, i create 2 values : UseGLSL=disabled and Multisampling=enabled

But, i have a problem with these values. they're not used when i launch a game.
For exemple in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, if Multisampling is enabled in Regedit so I can activate it in game.

Result :
If if i enable Mutlisampling by
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\AssassinsCreedBrotherhood.exe\Direct3D

I can't activate it in game.

But i enable Multisampling by
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D

, i can activate it in game...

Why by my first way, it doesn't work?
If i use the second, it's for all application and not one...

Thanks for your help