[Wine] I'd like to voice my concerns about The Sims 2

hibba wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 23 18:17:41 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I just thought I'd stop in and voice a few thoughts concerns.  I really enjoyed playing The Sims 2 and some of its expansion packs in Windows; it was one of my favorite games.  I would truly  love to see it working playably in WINE (there was a patch/mod that allowed it to start up, as I'm aware, but it wasn't very playable).  I understand that it would be a large amount of work, as well as time and effort to make this game work.  I don't have any practical programming ability, nor can I offer anywhere needed the amount of money to make it worthwhile to have someone program it for me.  I guess what I'm getting at is, I would really appreciate it if maybe someone with the proper abilities could take a look at the bug reports and maybe try to get the ball rolling a little (and by that, all I mean is looking at the bug reports and deciding what would be a good way to fix it, maybe "blueprint" out the strategy and do a little foundation work, so to speak).

Thank you for your time and consideration.  It would mean alot to me, and I'm sure other Sims 2 fans would enjoy it as well, to be able to play this game in Wine.

Hibba.