[Wine] Re: Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 24 10:21:31 CDT 2011

WhatChanged doesn't lack in registry department this are the relevant changed keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DSS]

and

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CD Projekt Red]

as for the files:

Activate.exe, Launcher.exe, Register.exe, debugdata.log (also readme_language.rtf)

in bin folder:

curllib.dll, libeay32.dll, libsasl.dll, openldap.dll, ssleay32.dll, witcher2.exe

there bin some new files in Launcher folder also in C:\users\...\witcher2_Data_DFE

and in My Documents\Witcher2\Config and Downloads you should copy those to your home/username/Witcher 2 that's probably all.

uxtheme in Wine has the same purpose as in Windows XP (let's you change theme of Wine) and I know waht the shell32 is. I remember that changing those files was the only way to change Windows XP look and it was so painfull.