[Wine] Re:linking notepad++ to stata under Wine (taijimaomao)

Jake Thomas jthomas97411 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 22:38:44 CDT 2011

Hi! Stata is available for Mac (native) according to http://s281191135.onlinehome.us/2008/20080427-stata.html and rundo and rundolines are open source, and come with the source
code. You might be able to compile rundo and rundolines for Mac from that source code. There is also Macpad++, a
Notepad++ for Mac. You'd think those four would get it done all Mac
native.

Have you considered using gedit for Mac? Gedit highlights for various programming languages. It's open source, so it can be compiled for any OS and work natively on just about any OS. The logic of "if it's open source, it can be compiled for any OS" doesn't work ALL the time, but it usually does. You can find it already compiled for Mac. Here it is.

Anyways, about moving toward actually solving the problem you brought up, (just providing an alternative is a jerk-move), did you use these instructions? Just in case there is more than one way of doing it, it's good for potential helpers to know how you're trying to do it. Do you have any other programs open in WINE along with it? Didn't someone say they had mouse issues with a program in WINE 1.3.20 when they had another program up? Maybe calling a shortcut key is in that same family. Are you in a virtual desktop? WINE version? If it's pre-1.3.20 my latter thought is moot. It probably was already moot, but I'm just trying to get something going here. Most people demand to know what graphics card and driver you are using, but I don't see how that's relevant here (that doesn't mean that it's not. You should probably post that).
You didn't accidentally put some of it in one WINE drive folder, and other parts in another, did you? Did you have to restart Windows to get it to work in Windows? The wineboot command can simulate a restart, maybe that will help.
Does the Stata process have to be already up for Notepad++ to summon it?
Did you make sure to put things in your WINE folder (and from the perspective of treating that folder as %homedrive% - usually C:), and not follow paths (directories) from the perspective of the root level of Mac's mount hierarchy (often called "Macintosh HD". The place of the path "/")?

Hopefully I got a slosh or two of diesel on this wet burn pile.

Cheers,
Jake