[Wine] Running a wine app from a control panel.

Sapro wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 26 11:16:43 CDT 2011

Hello, I wonder if anyone has experienced this, or knows of a way to fix this problem I have.

I am trying to host a game server that needs wine to launch. I can run the game fine through an SSH terminal using wine game.exe.

I do get this message:

Code:
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

This is not the issue, the server runs fine still even tho it throws this up.

I get this issue when I try and launch the server through a game control panel I have.

Code:
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Error opening terminal: unknown.

I don't have a clue why it's throwing up the error opening terminal.

The SSH terminal is set to xterm, and the user that controls the control panel is also set to xterm.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!